Receive periodic news and updates relating to SpringerOpen.
Search information pages
3. What is Open Access?
All articles published in Journal of Global Entrepreneurship Research are open access, which means they are freely and universally accessible online, and permanently archived in an internationally recognised open access repository, such as PubMed Central.
As the cost of peer reviewing, editing, publishing, maintaining and archiving articles is not recouped through subscription charges, a standard article-processing charge (APC) is levied on all articles that are accepted for publication. The APC is a flat charge, and no additional costs are incurred, for example, by the inclusion of color figures. Journal of Global Entrepreneurship Research is currently covering all APCs for articles submitted to the journal.
Our publisher, SpringerOpen, operates a membership scheme, whereby authors submitting from member institutions have their APC covered in full or in part by their institution. Please click here to check if your institution is a SpringerOpen member.
You may be aware that an increasing number of funding agencies strongly encourage open access publication and explicitly allow the use of grants to cover APCs. Some, such as the Wellcome Trust, insist that all research funded by them is open access on publication.
In cases where neither the authors nor their institution or funder are able to pay the APC, a discount or waiver may be granted. There is currently an automatic waiver for authors from low or lower-middle income countries (according to World Bank criteria). Requests for waivers should be made as part of the online submission process.
Benefits of open access
- Open access articles are freely available via the internet and are therefore more widely visible than articles published behind subscription barriers, with some studies suggesting that on average open access articles are twice as likely to be cited.
- Retaining copyright means that authors can reproduce and distribute their work as they choose, for example on their institution's website.
- Open access publication benefits the scientific community by making results of research immediately and freely available to all.
- What is Journal of Global Entrepreneurship Research?
- Why submit to Journal of Global Entrepreneurship Research?
- What is Open Access?
- If my article is published, how will it be cited?
- If my article is published, which bibliographic databases will it be indexed in?
- How can I order reprints?
- What is the copyright policy of Journal of Global Entrepreneurship Research?
- Do I need permission to reproduce materials published in Journal of Global Entrepreneurship Research?
- What are the benefits of registering on the journal website?
- Is there a printed version of the journal?
- How can I ensure that I receive Journal of Global Entrepreneurship Research's emails?
- What is SpringerOpen?